Chocolate Hazelnut Soufflé Recipe
This has to be the best soufflé recipe ever! Despite the fact it only has a few ingredients it still has the wow factor that will amaze anyone who is lucky enough to try it. You can’t help but be impressed when someone serves a soufflé and this will not disappoint.
Everyone will marvel at your culinary genius and you can sit back and bask in the glory knowing that it is probably one of the easiest desserts you have ever made! Who needs to know the truth – right?
½ Cup Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
2 eggs – separated.
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
Butter for Greasing
Cocoa Powder for Dusting
2 Medium Bowls
Whisk (Try the Mr Whipstir Whisk)
Spatula or Tablespoon
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 17 minutes Serves: 2
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 190 degrees Celsius
- Place the chocolate spread in a medium bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk thoroughly.
TIP: On the video they have used an electric whisk but why not try the Mr Whipstir Whisk? It is equally as effective, and uses no electricity.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites, add a teaspoon of sugar and then continue to whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- Very gently fold the egg whites into your chocolate spread/ egg yolk mixture making sure that you don’t knock any air out. This step requires patience – it is really important to resist the temptation to rush as it is the air that makes them rise in the oven.
- Butter your ramekins and dust them with cocoa powder and divide the mixture between the two.
- Bake in the oven for 17 minutes or until nicely risen.